Sunday, July 9, 2017

Elegant Deception by Tee Smith

Title: Elegant Deception (The Elegant Series Book 2)
Author: Tee Smith
Rating: 5 Stars
Author's Blurb: To follow your head, or follow your heart? 
Which can possibly lead you to the most trouble? 
All is not what it seems and not everyone can be trusted. 
When Vera is courted by the charming Kyle Kalisi, is she getting into more trouble than it’s worth? Or is he just a damaged soul? What is it about him that keeps her pulling back? 
Then there is the dark, mysterious Wombat. Everything about him screams danger. 
Torn between two worlds, every choice she makes could change her life. 
Some people will stop at nothing to get what they want. Even when what they want is somebody who doesn’t want them in return. 
Review: Do me a favor, go back a read that blurb again, then prepare yourself for one hell of a ride! This book was AWESOME! If ya'll have read any of my other reviews you already know that I am a fan of Tee Smith's writing. But really with each installment in her Elegant series she keeps proving over and over just why it is that I love her! Her story telling is beginning to reach a completely next level status that just has me in awe with each and every flip of the page. 
Elegant Deception is the second book in the Elegant series but really you can read it as a standalone as it takes place one year after the first book in the series and revolves around characters that were only fairly minor parts of that one. 
From the very beginning I was drawn in to this story. 
I loved the characters, especially Wombat. Oh my god Wombat guys!! I can't even say too much because there would be a million spoilers if I did but really just DAMN that dude is hot in my head!! 
I also liked Vera, even though I wanted to smack her about a million times! In some ways she sort of embodied all the annoying traits that weak lead female characters seem embody, but then in other ways she was totally strong and made complete sense in the context of the story. Vera has a past. Her life has not always been easy. She has trust issues, she's a workaholic, and she is super rusty when it comes to dating and relationships. So in those ways I think she was an awesome roll with the punches character and I found her compelling to follow. The only thing that really grated my nerves is the same thing that has grated on me with thousands of characters from so many books before, SHE DIDN'T SPEAK UP! 
Oh my god I wanted to shake her so hard so many times! But I kept pressing forward, and the pages kept flying by and in end I couldn't even be mad about it anymore because everything was so awesome. 
I loved the conflicts and dark turns that this book takes. I have read all of Tee's other books and this is by far the most risk I have ever seen her take with dark content. BUT IT TOTALLY WORKED! It was amazing actually. Again no spoilers but if you have read the book you know what scene I am referring to...When Vera focused on the door knob hoping it would turn, hoping someone would come for her....chills guys! Actual chills, that's what that scene gave me. It was dark and gritty and completely NECESSARY. There was no turning back after that scene. I knew what I was in for with this book. I knew that the hurt was not over yet and I knew that we just took some giant steps away from a happy ending that we would have to claw and fight our way back to. 
It was a really incredible journey. That's the only way I can even think to describe it. From beginning to end this book was roller coaster ride of emotion and I loved every second of it. 


As always please check out this amazing book for yourself

 

No comments:

Post a Comment