Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Suddenly Dirty by J.A. Low

Title: Suddenly Dirty (Dirty Texas #1)

Author: J.A. Low

Rating: 4 Stars

Author's Blurb: He was everything she wasn’t looking for … 
Finding a naked rock star in my bed was not how I saw my new life starting. Especially when that rock star is Evan Wyld, guitarist of the hottest band on the planet, Dirty Texas. 
He looks dirty as sin with colorful tattoos, muscles and piercings in all the right places. Summer is about to heat up as I join Dirty Texas on their European tour. 
She was everything he wasn’t ready for… 
Sienna Hayes is off limits, but ever since the blonde bombshell accidentally climbed into my bed, I’ve been fantasizing about the ways I could help her get over her ex. 
She has baggage, but I’m known for being a good time. Maybe I can be her rebound, help put her back together again. 
One little taste can’t hurt; can it?

Review: Rock star romance isn't my typical genre of choice. Usually stories about fan girls falling for their celebrity crush just don't appeal to me. Suddenly Dirty seems to be an exception to that rule. 
I really liked this book. It was fun, sexy and fast paced. I never got bored and more than that I actually really liked the characters. 
Sienna was a great female character. From the moment you meet her newly single and disoriented waking up next to a naked rock star. I think her reaction of confusion, terror, lust, and shock were all well conveyed and somehow totally believable. I got to like her even more as the story progressed and you learn about her past and the events that lead to her taking a job with Dirty Texas. 
Outside of Sienna our other main character is Evan Wyld, who I'm pretty sure was a guitar player and back up vocalist for Dirty Texas (Axel was said to be the lead vocalist but the author describes Evan singing to Sienna throughout the story so I think he got in on the vocal action as well)  Evan was...a sexy rock star from Texas. His character did the things I expected him to and he played his part in the story well. I can' say I ever found myself completely smitten with him but he never made me want to throw my kindle either. 
We were also introduced to so great side characters in the form of Sienna's friends Vanessa, Derrick and Isla, as well as Evan's little sister Charlotte. I could see the seeds the author planted to set up future stories about these characters and their own rocker love interests and a few of those I found pretty intriguing. Most especially Vanessa and Christian and Charlotte and Blake. Those are probably the stories I am looking forward to the most coming out of this one. 
I liked the plot line of Sienna's divorce from her husband Beau and the dynamics and twists we got along the ride. Sienna really was a strong, assertive and yet still fun to follow heroine and without giving too much away I will say that really shined through when it came to Beau. 
Other than the merits of a good female lead (which is harder to find than it sounds) The other main reason I found this book enjoyable was probably the sex. I wouldn't class this book as erotica it's definitely safely seated in the contemporary romance genre but it was PACKED full of sexy scenes. And what's more they were really well written. The author didn't make me cringe at her vocabulary once and every scene fit the context of the book I never felt like it was just gratuitously thrown in for no reason. 
I would recommend this book to anyone who is a fan of rock star romance or just to anyone who is a fan of fun sexy stories. I enjoyed this one and I will probably be checking out the next installment in the series sometime in the near future.

To get your own copy use the link below

No comments:

Post a Comment