Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Dropout By Jamie Schlosser

Title: Dropout (The Good Guys Book 3) 

Author: Jamie Schlosser

Rating: 5 Stars

Author's Blurb: 
JIMMY
Over the past year, I’ve been called a lot of things. Slacker. Troublemaker. Party animal.
I thought I was on top of the world. Turns out, I was pretty close to rock bottom.
Now I have a new title: college dropout.
Talk about a reality check.
But I’ve got a chance to redeem myself. One summer to turn things around. Two months to prove I’m not a complete f*ck-up.
It’s time to change.
I want to get back to being one of the good guys.
MACKENNA
I have everything I need to live out my dream of being a reclusive songwriter—my guitar, my notebook, and blissful silence.
At least, I did until Jimmy moved in next door.
With tattoos, piercings, and mischievous green eyes, he’s got bad news written all over him. And last time I got with a bad boy, it ended horribly.
Jimmy makes me feel things I shouldn’t feel. Want things I shouldn’t want. He’s a hazard to my carefully laid plans.
But he’s only here for two months.
I can resist him...right?
 

Review: I love this series so freaking much! From the very first novel I feel in love with Jamie Schlosser's writing style and her oh so sexy, not afraid to be goofy, studly, alpha, or vulnerable "good guys." I thought I loved Travis and Colton from her first two books. I devoured their stories and rooted for them the whole way, it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience for me... then I met Jimmy. 
SWOON SO FREAKING HARD! 
I more than loved this character. He was, sexy, funny, kind, and more than a little bad ass for a "good guy"...plus he has the coolest grandmother in the history of grandmothers. Seriously I thought I would be turned off by the idea of a kid (he's only 19) with flower tattoos and nipple piercings...HELL TO THE FREAKING NO. Call me a cradle robber all you want that fictional man is all freaking man and all freaking MINE! James Peabody Johnson is my new favorite book boyfriend and I plan to tell the internet all the freak about it. 
But all the swoons and thigh clenches aside this was another really solid story to fit with the trend of solid stories from Ms. Schlosser. I don't think there is anything that could have made me enjoy it any more than I did. I have really come to expect a fun, romantic, heartfelt ride from these books and so far I have yet to be disappointed. 
I love how the pool of interesting characters and possible plots just keeps growing with each of these novels. I love the way we are introduced to and then get to keep up with these awesome characters and their world through the small town setting of Tolson. I'm really excited for the next addition to this series. 
I can't wait to recommend this book to everyone!


If my recommendation is good enough for you check out this book for yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment