Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Forever by Abrianna Denae

Title: Forever (Destroyed by Love #1)
Author: Abrianna Denae
Rating: 5 Stars
Synopsis: Marley Fallon is broken. She's hiding from the person she used to be, trying to create a new life for herself after being betrayed by the people she trusted the most. She has no intention of getting attached to anyone new while she figures herself out. Until she meets Wyatt Hensley.
Wyatt wants to keep his distance from the mysterious new girl. He has so much crap to deal with on his own, the last thing he needs is some pretty rich girl getting in his way with all of her pretty rich girl problems.
The two find themselves inevitably drawn together despite their resistance. They share parts of themselves with each other that they have never wanted to share before. They find something in one another that they never imagined they could find. And then they find out that forever may not be as long as they think.
Review: I loved this story! I'm a sucker for young couples in love and Marley and Wyatt ooze with fairytale ending potential from the very beginning. The characters in this novel are so strong and intelligent, way beyond their actual ages. The emotional moments are full of heart and I found myself riding every rollercoaster feeling right along with them.
The characters in this story are young. Wyatt and Marley are both 16/17 years old and still in high school. When I first realized this I thought for sure I could expect a typical YA romance, full of overly anxious declarations of love and maybe a sparkly vampire or hot guy with cancer. Thankfully there was none of that. This story is told with a depth and maturity that is hard to find in YA. Combined with some of the decidedly adult content and language I would say this novel boarders on New Adult territory despite the young age of the heroes.
So many feels in this book, from beginning to end. This novel took me to sweet lovely highs and gut wrenching ugly cry lows all without any major plot theatrics. The subtle build of the characters emotions allow you to really feel what they feel in some of the more intense moments of the story without needing to over play any one moment.
Some of the twists and turns of the story caught me completely off guard as well. There were a few moments (none bigger than the actual ending of the story) that snuck up on me and left me questioning everything I thought I knew. This story ends in a cliffhanger in the most unexpected way. It left me dying to continue the series and with no choice but to wait patiently for the next release.


Forever goes live on Amazon and other platforms on February 2nd 2017 to pre-order your copy now use the following link.
Forever by Abrianna Denae


*ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review*


No comments:

Post a Comment