Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Preppy T.M. Frazier

Title: Preppy The Life and Death of Samuel Clearwater Part One 
Author: T.M. Frazier 
Rating: Every Possible Star!! 
Synopsis: He's back mother fuckers!! Samuel Clearwater, Preppy to his friends, is back from the dead and he is ready to give us part of his story we have never fucking heard. To really tell it though we have to go back, about three years back, to a time when King was locked up, Bear was on a long run for the Beach Bastards and Preppy was just trying to hold his little makeshift family together all on his own. Enter Andrea Capulet, Dre to her friends, a strung out junkie ready to rob her own grandma for her next fix...literally. However what Dre didn’t know and what she was about to find out was that granny had herself a white knight in the form of pure evil a bow tie and he wasn't about to take that shit sitting down...it might wrinkle his khakis. Imagine his surprise when he finds the object of his fury ready to fling herself off his favorite fucking water tower. Preppy may have saved Dre from ending it all that night but she has no clue what kind of mess she's just landed herself in at the mercy of this man who is as handsome and hilarious as he is truly terrifying. 
Review: I knew this book would be good, I thought it was even probable that it would be great.... I never imagined it would be hands down my favorite read of the year thus far!!  
As a fan of the series I knew going in that Preppy was hilarious, sexy and intense and the first part of his story did not hold back on any of those aspects. From the very beginning I was hooked by his crazy ass inner monologue and I could not put this book down.  
Dre was a wonderful counterpart  to Preppy's crazy hilarity. She was strong and vulnerable all at the same time, she was smart enough to keep up but naïve enough to buy in to what he was selling.  
Once again T.M proves that she can keep me on the edge of my seat with a plot while still making me fall more and more in love with her kooky cast of characters on every page. In some ways Preppy's story was the lightest and funniest of the King series and in some ways it was the most gritty and intense....kind of like Preppy himself actually.   
Sitting her now, I'm sure this book hangover will be one of the most intense of my life and I can’t even bring myself to be mad about it. I am so incredibly high from the emotional roller coaster of this book and I absolutely cannot wait to get my hands on Part two.

To check out this amazing book for yourself follow the link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment