Tuesday, September 13, 2016

FrostBite Claire Marta




Title: Frostbite

Author: Claire Marta


Rating: 5 Stars

Author's Blurb: Jasmine Hunter is a rookie agent working for the covert Supernatural Department of Scotland Yard.
Being kidnapped with a co-worker is the last thing she’s expecting from only two months in a job she loves. She is even more unprepared for the sparks that fly between her and one of their captors, especially when her unique senses are screaming he isn’t human.
Eric is a vampire, deep undercover with centuries of secrets. He has no time for distractions, yet he can’t seem to get the feisty female out of his head, nor the hungering desires she evokes within him.
Forced to work together, they must stop the diabolical plans of Marcel Coupe – the French arms dealer responsible for her abduction. As time starts to run out can they save themselves and Paris from disaster? Or will the sizzling attraction between them be their downfall?

Review: It's been a long time since I enjoyed a vampire romance quite this much. Jasmine and Eric had an instant chemistry that left me wanting more of their interactions from the very beginning. The build up between those two was written so well, even knowing from the beginning that the hook up was bound to happen eventually I still found myself anticipating every moment thinking is this it?..is this where they finally give in?
On top of that the plot of the story was very compelling as well. More than once I found myself trying to guess the outcome of certain scenarios and trying to figure out the mysteries only to realize during the big reveals that I had overlooked some pretty compelling details and had not actually figured out anything at all.
I also loved the scenery of this novel. Being an American with no personal knowledge of Paris outside of pictures and drawings I feel like the author did a wonderful job setting that stage for me. Especially when it came to the set up for the epic showdown in the Effile Tower, I truly felt a connection to a real place that I have never once been anywhere near and that is impressive to say the least.
You can tell from the writing style that the author has a deep knowledge of her chosen genre, and as a long time fan of paranormal romance and urban fantasy I have to say she did a fantastic job of creating a world for her story to live in.
As an opening for a series this book was all around enjoyable and well planned and it has left me highly anticipating the next installment.

You can check out Frostbite for yourself by following the link below.

*ARC generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review*

2 comments: